Hey, I'm Addie!

Note: I have absolutely no idea how these forums work, soooo I’m gonna hope the pictures actually loads when I post this (fingers crossed)

Hello everyone! I’m new in this community (both on Discord and Minecraft). So I would like to introduce myself to you all.

Let’s start with the beginning: why did I join this server? Well, I wanted a cozy Minecraft server to peacefully play and meet incredible people along the way. I found the website on the Minecraft server and decided to join Discord.
I must say, it is incredible— the community seems like home; everyone cares for each other. I truly believe I found the right place.

And so, I would like to thank you all for having such a welcoming community. I am excited to begin my adventure here!

Now, I’ll tell you about myself.

I’m a 17-year-old lesbian living in the US – specifically Georgia. I am currently in my 11th year of high school, mainly studying Latin, Roman history, and mythology.

this is me: (if the image loads ofc…)

My pronouns are she/her

I’m planning on studying at Emory University in hopes of learning computer science + programming.

I love hiking, the plants and animals are very dazzling, and it brings me a good mood. I even stop to take pictures of them, so here’s some I’ve taken:
(again, fingers crossed, hoping these images will load when I post this)

Random facts about me:

• I’m under 5ft (4’11)

• I host events IRL here (like festivals, parades, bingo nights, etc.)

• I have 8 pets

• I have a verified Discord bot

Extra:

1. Mental health is super important, and one of my good friends, Tuesday, made a digital self-care package, so if you’re ever feeling down:
    Digital Self Care Box! - Google Documenten
  • Also, my DMs are always open to you !!! addie #6130 is my Discord; I’d love to chat.
  1. I have social anxiety a whole lot, but I’m trying to work on it more:^)
    If you ever want to play Minecraft with me, then please I’d love to. I’m new to this server, and I’d love a tour!

I love books, if you have any great books then p l e a s e let me know!
My favs. so far: Harry Potter, Maze Runner, Hunger Games

Thank you for reading; you’re fantastic! I’d love to meet you.

3 Likes

Wow! Really great intro :slight_smile: and nice to meet ya Addie!

1 Like

Thank you so much!! Glad to meet ya:^)

Hi Addie, welcome to our community!

I absolutely love your introduction, it puts mine to shame :see_no_evil:. I’m so happy that you feel at home in our community, it’s definitely come a long way.
I’d love to hear more about your Disord bot!
Also, I absolutely love your Digital Self Care Box!
I hope to see you around on the new forums and around in the community! Would love to hear your thoughts :heart:

1 Like

Hi Kyle, thank you!!

Heck yeah, the community is super snazzy:^)

And sure! About the Discord bot: during 2020, I wanted to learn to program, so I decided to make a Discord bot in java. It was a super fun project, and I learned a lot from it.
Screenshots of the bot:

And more and more people started using the Discord bot; by then, Discord contacted me and asked for me to apply, so I did, and I was able to verify it.
As of right now, the bot is offline due to me being in school and focusing on my studies. But it was an enjoyable adventure:^)

Thank you for the warm welcomes!

1 Like

That’s so cool that Discord reached out to you about verifying your bot! Do you think you’d ever start your bot up again? It looks really fun!

1 Like

It is!! I was really excited about it. And probably, during the summer, when I get a break again, that sounds fun!

1 Like

the images you posted are so cool! The place u are in looks so calming

1 Like

Thank you so much! It really is:^) I recommend Georgia, a lot of woods to hike in

1 Like

I have always wanted to travel so I will take a look at this

1 Like

Heck yeah! Traveling sounds so fun, I hope you enjoy it when you do

1 Like